The antiallergic cover is the composite textile layer wich is fitted over the water container of the waterbed. It absorbs the perspiration during the night and spreads and vaporises it during the day by the warmth of the water mattress. The mattress cover is important in the total sleeping comfort that a waterbed can provide.
We offer different qualities and types of covers. It is important to take the time to choose the right cover.
The cover can be washed. Depending on the type, this can be done at different temperatures and whether or not in an ordinary household machine. Through the washability of the cover a water mattress can be completely kept free of dust mites. These tiny parasites are the main cause of allergic reactions in the bedroom.
The cover consists of several layers:
- a top layer made of fabrics which may be more or less elastic
- a filling consisting of one or more thick absorbing layers with modern hygroscopic fibers (Lyocell)
- a bottom layer
The type of material used for each layer is determinative for the washing temperature of the cover.
Comfort Streeetch with Anti-dust
The indicated lengths and widths are always 'order sizes'. The actual dimensions deviate from these. Click here for more info.
Our standard sizes for covers are:
- width: from 100 to 220 cm in steps of 20 cm
- length: 190, 200, 210 or 220 cm
- All intermediate sizes (eg. for flush installation or replacement) are possible without surcharge.
- height (side of upper foam rail):
- 12 cm: for our current range of waterbeds
- 12, 17 or 21 cm: for older types, hard-side covers of other brands
Others / info:
- Upon request larger sizes up to 280 cm wide and 240 cm long are possible.
- Covers wider than 200 cm are always made with a mid-zip.